Wednesday, September 29

White hot Rage, Frustration, the fighting 101st Keyboard Brigade.

The following was brought to my attention at Gilliards, which directed to Obsidian, and to a place called Horse Feathers, where the following letter was posted. I am not gonna go through the whole thing, but challenge a few assertions made by it's author. I would recomend taking a look at the source at horse feathers and also the comments made by Steve and Edward at obsidian.

Letter To Our Enemies

I'm an ordinary American. Wife (whom I love and respect), 2 kids (to whom I would give both of my kidneys), 2 cars (ten years old), big mortgage, and a job not always pleasurable.

I've worked hard all my adult life to provide for my family, to be useful, and not go out of my way to injure anyone. Like most Americans, I knew little about arab-muslim culture and believed that the developed nations were partly responsible for the poverty and authoritarian regimes that infest the middle east.

Happy that you have been able to keep your instinct to throttle those that piss you off in check. I must admit that at times I can think of a few unauthorized uses for a 2x4, but I too have been lucky to keep those impulses in check.
Unlike most americans I have been somewhat interested in understanding the other cultures that share a place in the world with us, and what effect our actions may have on cultural sensibilities in the various regions of the world that we operate. I feel that a failure to understand our impact on the world stage has had, and will continue to have disastous consequences for our nation. You are correct when you suggest the complicity of developed nations, including our own.
Things changed on 9/11/01 when you ruined the lives of at least 10,000 Americans.
I am sorry but I must respectfully disagree. Nothing changed, Ill admit that what happened was on a larger scale than we are accustomed to, and hit us instead of someone else, but it remains a criminal terrorist act, yet another in a long line of tragic uses of the tactic. If anything we really should not have been suprised. Terrorists tried to take out the WTC in 1993 (killing 6 and wounding 1000), in a spectacular act of terrorism, that was not eclipsed until homegrown terrorists struck in Oklahoma City (killing 168).
These people instantly became my countrymen and you became my mortal enemy.
I believe that "these people" were always your countrymen, and if it is not to much to ask, could you be a bit more clear who you are referring to as your mortal enemy, because by most accounts, the perps died in the attacks.

Ordinary Americans are arming themselves for war with you. I and many of my friends have closets full of handguns, rifles, shotguns and thousands of cartridges.

If we had enough ammunition and time, we would kill every last one of you.

OK this is the part where I start getting a tad nervous. I think you could go along way towards calming my fears if you would specify who exactly is the target of your anger and rage. I can't stress enough the importance of defining a specific enemy, before we load up the weapons and go off in search of the enemy. We really don't want to be guilty of killing innocent people. That would only open another can of worms, one we could avoid by the judicious use of the force that you endorse.

We completely support our President and our armed forces. We only wish they would destroy you faster, but we are certain that they will.

It is becomming clear to me that you do not have a clearly defined enemy. I support the troops, but it is clear to me that the president has not earned my support. If this enemy that you speak of is Al Qaeda, our president failed to destroy that enemy, when he turned his sights on the removal of Saddam. Was Saddam a bad guy?, sure, was he a threat to our security?, saddly no. Are there terrorists in Iraq?, sure. Are we killing Iraqi's fighting to liberate their country form an occupying force?, unfortunately we are. Are innocent people caught in the crossfire being killed and maimed? Might their reletives feel the same anger that you do, might they have justifiable visions of revenge?
We no longer listen to the insane words of Kerry, Harkin, Kennedy, Clark, and others whom we now see as ideologues who would sacrifice our country and our lives on the alter of their vanity and desire for power.

We no longer listen to our secular mullahs, our media fools, preaching hatred of America and sapping our will with their lies and deceptions.
Here is where you lose me. I can understand your hatred of muslims and your desire for retribution, though I certainly would not sanction it. But when you categorize the words of respectable and thoughtfull people who have devoted their lives to public service as insane, and suggest that they and anyone who might agree with them "would sacrifice our country" I think you have gone too far. I fear that you would consider me one of these ideologues, and if your letter addresses me as well as Islamic terrorists, then we have a problem, because now your sights are trained on me and sir, I am not your enemy.
We watch your cowardly methods of killing by beheading. We are disgusted. But we are not afraid.

You turn your women and children into walking bombs. We are disgusted. But we are not afraid.

You shoot and rape children. You kill their mothers before their eyes. You burn, hang, and tear apart the bodies of your victims, and then play with body parts. We are disgusted. But we are not afraid.

Why should we fear you? What ARE you to be feared? You are cowards. Your bravado is a clown mask that hides the soul of a ghoul. You are not able even to manufacture the knives you use to butcher your bound victims.
Unfortunately it would appear that we have also shot and raped children over there. In fact it seems that the only cultural sensibilities that we accustomed ourselves with was the knowledge that shame and humiliation could be used to soften up "intellegence assets" and unfortunately people who had nothing to do with the insurgency. As far as the manufacture of knives is concerned, some of the best knives ever made were were composed of "Damascus steel", and Pakistan happens to be an exporter of cheap knives. I might even suggest that there is a forge somewhere in Iraq.
One day soon, our planes and missiles will begin turning your mosques, your madrasses, your hotels, your government offices, your hideouts, and your neighborhoods into rubble.

And then our soldiers will enter your cities and begin the work of killing you, roaches, as you crawl from the debris.

The above makes it clear that your thinking is clouded by rage. Where outside of Iraq are these planes and troops headed. We have already accomplished most of the above in Iraq, and things arent really going too well over there right now. This is why I suggest that you be specific in describing our enemies, because the above looks to me like an endorsement to carpet bomb most of asia, and kill the survivors. Who are we gonna bomb and who are the roaches. Are we gonna go after Pakistan, the entire Arabian penensula, Syria, Iran, Egypt, Tunisia, Lybia, Algeria, Morrocco, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Kyrgystan,Tajikistan, Indonesia? Are we going after all the Muslims or all the Arabs. I remain confused about who we are supposed to kill, and that bothers me.

As cowards, you will have your hands in the air and you will get on your knees begging for mercy. And we will instead give you justice. Your actions and your words long ago placed you far from any considerations of mercy. You are not men.

And if you come to this country and harm a child, shoot a mother, hijack a bus, or bomb a mall, we will do what we did in 1775. Millions of us will form militias.

We will burn your mosques.

We will invade the offices of pro-arab-muslim organizations, destroy them, and drag their officers outside.

We will tell the chancellors of universities either to muzzle or remove anti American professors, whose hatred for their own country we have tolerated only because we place a higher value on freedom of speech. But we will no longer tolerate treason. We will muzzle and remove them.

Thanks for clearing it up for me. Your target is the religion of Islam, and those that you see as traitors, people who would exercise their first ammendment rights and happen to disagree with your world view. On how many fronts do you plan to prosecute this war. It would seem to me that you see the enemy around every corner, and I am now convinced that you would view me as one of them. So you advocate the torching of mosques, the beating or murder of members of pro-Arab-Muslim-organizations, and the removal and muzzling of "anti-American Professors. Could we agree on a few ground rules before your militia bands start roming the countryside looking to take out enemies of the state?

We will transport arab-muslims to our deserts, where they can pray to scorpions under the blazing sun.

You have fucked with the wrong people.

We will rid the world of your foul breath.

Your caliphate will be your grave.

I hope that made you feel better, got some of that hate and rage out of the system and can proceed with a clearer mind. What troubles me most are the folks in agreement.
Great post I really loved it and many thanks to Vilmar at BMEWS for the link.-al
.........
The ammo this rifle uses is the same as the AK47, which you will find many of your patriotic neighbors are also shooting. Standardizing on a common cartridge is a good thing.

BTW - I found out about this site from Kim du Toit's blog. Glad to be here.-magnus
............
Well Said!-Lincoln
...........
revenge is wonderful-bernard
..........
Outstanding brother!-Wolf
.........
"we will do what we did in 1775. Millions of us will form militias"

www.awrm.org , hope to see you there!-Ruger
..........
I second the AWRM link. This isn't the white power government hating web site that the media warned you about. Just a bunch of good but vigilant guys trying to be prepared for whatever domestic duty they may be called into action for.

You want to see change in this country? Lobby congress and the president to loose the militia against invaders coming over the Mexican border. Guests in this country are welcome through the front door, but sneak in the back window and we'll shoot you on sight.-magnus
............
I fought those bastards in Somalia only to have my weak government take us home after some of my friends were killed and I was wounded. We did our jobs and were ready to finish it. However too many didnt have the stomach too, nor the brains to let our Generals fight the way it is needed. If it comes time for us to form the militias and fight as brothers, I am there, and so are many more.-RangerLee
The good professor, who did in fact authorize it's publication, adds the following:

It's more than nice to know that my feelings are shared by so many other folks--most of whom have served their nation longer and better than I.

For a long time I've become more and more alien to my (former) friends, and they to me. Unless there is something fundamentally different in how we make sense of things, I can only believe that they have never allowed themselves (never "lowered" themselves enough) to imagine what it would feel like to jump out of the Twin Towers to avoid being burned to death, and never listened to a man scream through his bleeding neck stump after being butchered before the camera.
.......
But, for the record, I want to say that I did not write my Open Letter to Our Enemies to incite violence; and I do not advocate taking any illegal actions. [I'm sure you understand...]

I was writing to express the burning rage I feel every time another of our soldiers is killed and every time politicians, media heads, and academics discredit our nation and weaken our morale. I was writing what I believe will happen if our enemies attack us again.

Later,

MK
While i am sure that the exercise of writing this letter was cathartic, this rhetoric of blind hatred is exactly the type that is used to incite violence, it is language that fires the passions of the lynch mob. Because you say otherwise does not absolve you of responsibility. The terrifying thing is how many seem to be willing to join you in this war. This guy is a perfect example.

These muslims even want to wipe out 'simpathizers' living among us within our own country. This means you Dan Rather, this also means you Habib at the local 7-11, this also means you Jimmah Carter, this also means you Nancy Pelosi - sorry, they don't negotiate. They won't be bribed. Too bad for Clinton, that was his strongsuit.

For once and all it is time for all Americans to decide. You have two choices... Grab Your Nuts, or Grab Your Ankles. Which way is it going to be. The hippie-days of koombaya are over, junior.

I'll be in the later category standing shoulder to shoulder with Mr. Kozloff, RangerLee, Magnus and other people willing to put it all on the line to protect our country from the true enemies, outside and within.

Thank you again, Mr. Kozloff. You are a true American, and I am proud as hell to have you on my side.

AD MOORE

I feel safer now, knowing that while the rage seems primarily directed at brown turbin wearing folks, a peripheral front of attack would include former presidents, and present members of congress. At least I am not first on the enemies list, which should give me some time to maneuver when the shooting starts. There is plenty more over there to enjoy, and many sane points made in the comments.