Thursday, October 28

Did the contents of every septic tank in america just hit the fan

I mean Jesus H. Christmas, where do you start. The Russians stole the explosives? Yeah right. Thanks to an ABC affiliate in Minnesota, we can see a video of the "missing" explosives from a team that they had embedded with the 101st airborn.


CARE is getting out of dodge.

Guliani is blaming the troops.

Jeanne has a timeline of the missing explosives.

Toy store owner visited by Homeland Security Officers. Something about a Rubik's Cube clone.

"I was shaking in my shoes," Cox said of the September phone call. "My first thought was the government can shut your business down on a whim, in my opinion. If I'm closed even for a day that would cause undue stress."

When the two agents arrived at the store, the lead agent asked Cox whether she carried a toy called the Magic Cube, which he said was an illegal copy of the Rubik's Cube, one of the most popular toys of all time.

He told her to remove the Magic Cube from her shelves, and he watched to make sure she complied.
.................

"One of the things that our agency's responsible for doing is protecting the integrity of the economy and our nation's financial systems and obviously trademark infringement does have significant economic implications," she said.

Six weeks after her brush with Homeland Security, Cox told The Oregonian she is still bewildered by the experience.

"Aren't there any terrorists out there?" she said.

All about keeping the homeland safe frome patent and trademark violations.

Did I mention how pleased I am that Boston has the monkey off it's back. As a Red's fan, but more importantly a fan of the game and it's history, I am happy to congratulate all the long beleagered RedSox fans everywhere.

I would like to point out to the regulars around here that as the pace of the crapstorm leading up to the final day of the election has reached levels I would have previoulsly thought unlikely, I have found a profound difficulty to express myself of late. My Brain is tired. I feel like a one eyed cheetah trying to focus on a herd of zebra as they fly by, an indistinguishable curtain of black and white. In any event I pray that this is a temporary setback, and that my tank of snarky invective will be filled again.