Thursday, July 22

Kent digs the Who

They are one of his favorite bands - always in the top three, which will change from time to time so I guess it could be argued that they are his favorite band. So Kent was over at the Rude Pundit (kind of responsible for the third person thing) reading his most recent work, a piece on bullie's, when it appears that there is some kind of spat going on between my man Pete and Micheal Moore - who knew?
Rock guitarist Pete Townshend has labelled Michael Moore a "bully" in a public spat over the use of the classic Who song Won't get Fooled Again in Fahrenheit 9/11.The Who guitarist refused Moore permission to use the song on the end credits of the film. Afterwards, Moore claimed that Townshend did so because he was in favour of the war in Iraq.
Well that would have been cool. I hope pete isn't aware of how many times his Meet the new Boss Same as the old Boss line has been used here in blogistan to refer to the Iraqi turnover, Alawi hacking off hands and executin' prisoners, I know cause if you scroll down or check the archives, lets just say that i'm guilty as charged.
On his website, Townshend protests that this is not the case. Instead, he says he refused permission because he was suspicious of Moore's credentials. "When first approached I knew nothing about the content of his film Fahrenheit 9/11. I had not really been convinced by Bowling for Columbine [Moore's previous film] and had been worried about its accuracy. Once I had an idea what the film was about, I was 90% certain my song was not right for them."
Sorry Pete, but I have to dissagree with you, I am about 100% certain that your song would have been a perfect ending to that movie. I like the Neil Young, but man Won't Get Fooled again would have Rocked the house dude.