Wednesday, October 13

More signs stealing fun

First we will take a look at A story from town hall titled Democrats gone wild or somesuch (It showed up in the google search, and I haven't read it yet) because there are sure to be some good lib-bashing outrage in the piece to balance out the truth. And wouldn't you know it, I check out the page and find that it's my favorite pony™ Michelle Malkin. This should be good.

October 13, 2004

How many hate crime anecdotes does it take before the mainstream media spot a trend? If the victims are politically correct, all it takes is one or two.

One alleged name-calling. A few alleged acts of vandalism. A suspicious arson here or there. In an instant, an unsubstantiated attack against the right kind of ethnic, racial, religious or sexual minority becomes undisputed evidence of an epidemic of violence. A symbol of rising hate. A national crisis.

Oh my god, what horrors are going unreported in the Mainstream Media? If I were a betting man, I would guess a republican must be on the wrong end of the stick, but that would like shooting fish in a barrel, hell I don't mind.
Hello, reporters? Is anybody home? Is it my imagination, or do I hear pins dropping in the grievance corners of America's otherwise victim-friendly newsrooms?

This is like paragraph four and all you're doing is teasing me. Michelle, I think I'll try to answer your questions. 1. Yes? 2. Yes. 3. Yes. 4. I have no Idea what you are talking about, but I think we may finally be getting somewhere.

For the past several weeks, the Internet has been buzzing with story after story of election-related mayhem aimed at Bush/Cheney supporters. Some have downplayed the incidents as run-of-the-mill pranks. Others claim that "both sides are doing it" equally.

One of those pesky, rumor-filled, Internets is abuzz with stories documenting untold atrocities against faithful supporters of dear leader. What follows are a boatload of unlinked (and therefore unverifiable, as I have no intention of doing the heavy lifting) anecdotes about a litany of horrors visited upon poor republicans. She finishes with this subtle dig:
A single act of hate is a danger to the Republic, except when it's fomented by bug-eyed, rock-throwing, lighter-wielding Kerry/Edwards supporters just exercising their "free speech."

Wow, I'll have to take a look in the mirror one of these days, I've allways wondered what bug-eyed looks like.

Anyway back to the real world. In Iowa:
"There are a lot of Kerry/Edwards signs missing; even out in the country," McMahon said. "And the way those signs are disappearing seems to me to be more organized than haphazard.

"I don't think it's the average high school vandal doing that."
In Utah:

"If this were a predominately Democrat county then I would think the opposite," he said. "A lot of people take politics the wrong way, where they feel a moral obligation to protect the world from people they don't agree with."

And there isn't much that people can do about stolen or defaced signs. When Keri Jensen, north Utah County regional supervisor for the Utah County Democratic Party, reported that seven John Kerry signs had been stolen in Pleasant Grove, the police told her there was nothing they could do unless the individual was caught in the act.

And to be perfectly fair, someone who may or may not have bug-eyes vandalized a bush pig in Florida:
One political veteran even suggested the GOP might be vandalizing its own signs to gain media exposure.

"That is a total crock," Brower said. "Absurd."

But the vandals who defaced the Bush pig at the corner of U.S. 41 and Indian Avenue win the award for Dumbest Vandals.

In defacing the pig, they crossed out the word Tomorrow in the Bush slogan "Building a Better Tomorrow" and wrote "holacost." instead of holocaust.

Don't know what a Bush pig is and I dont think I want to either.