Wednesday, September 8

W stands for "Where was He? and "I Chenius"

Kristoff uncovers a controversy regarding Bush's service in Alabama in today's NYT. Where have I seen this before? Earlier this year, but then some other shiny thing came into the periphery and the press, like so many six year olds playing soccer (Frankin?) found something else to chase.
President Bush claims that in the fall of 1972, he fulfilled his Air National Guard duties at a base in Alabama. But Bob Mintz was there - and he is sure Mr. Bush wasn't.

Plenty of other officers have said they also don't recall that Mr. Bush ever showed up for drills at the base. What's different about Mr. Mintz is that he remembers actively looking for Mr. Bush and never finding him.

Mr. Mintz says he had heard that Mr. Bush - described as a young Texas pilot with political influence - had transferred to the base. He heard that Mr. Bush was also a bachelor, so he was looking forward to partying together. He's confident that he'd remember if Mr. Bush had shown up.

"I'm sure I would have seen him," Mr. Mintz said yesterday. "It's a small unit, and you couldn't go in or out without being seen. It was too close a space." There were only 25 to 30 pilots there, and Mr. Bush - a U.N. ambassador's son who had dated Tricia Nixon - would have been particularly memorable.

I've steered clear until now of how Mr. Bush evaded service in Vietnam because I thought other issues were more important. But if Bush supporters attack John Kerry for his conduct after he volunteered for dangerous duty in Vietnam, it's only fair to scrutinize Mr. Bush's behavior.

Indeed it is. Dear leader was too busy chasing skirts in alabalma to "remember what i was doing there". Dub, I don't think your Mom is gonna be able to help you. this time around. Meanwhile a trip the the pandagon inspires larceny.

That Wacky Bush Campaign
I'm just cribbing this whole cloth from Josh Marshall, it's that important:
Coincidences are the strangest things ...

AP: 'U.S. death toll in Iraq passes 1,000 mark' ... 4:27 PM, Sept. 7th, 2004

AP: 'Ridge: Terrorists hope to disrupt election' ... 4:40 PM, Sept. 7th, 2004

My farther right readers will protest that Ridge is telling the God's honest truth and, let's be fair, he probably is. But we know about that truth already. In fact, it's an omnipresent cloud of truth, terrorists want to attack us again all the damn time, but we mostly hear about it when the news turns against Dubbya. Funny, that.
As I don't have a farther right readership that I know or care about, and because in the case of the administration, I have no interest in the cause of fairness, let me be blunt. This is politics pure and simple, not Ridge's, gods honest truth. It is pretty clear by now, that terror threats exist only to protect dear leader when bad news is in the shute. Unfortunately for Rove Inc. this Chicken Little Game is going to come to the same conclusion as the boy who cried wolf.

In other news, Vice Emporer Claudius Cheneyclese make his case for re-election.
"It's absolutely essential that eight weeks from today, on Nov. 2, we make the right choice, because if we make the wrong choice then the danger is that we'll get hit again and we'll be hit in a way that will be devastating from the standpoint of the United States," Cheney told about 350 supporters at a town-hall meeting in this Iowa city.
He's right about one thing. It is absolutely essential that we kick him and his sock puppet to the fucking curb. To suggest that his administration is some kind of terror shield that will protect us,.... well if I was not so pissed right now, the suggestion would have me laughing my ass off while rolling on the floor. If I were you Mr Vice Asshat, I would be arranging for the aquisition of some "not my ass and I dont toss salad" brand cigarettes to shield you during a rightly deserved, lengthy time in prison.