Wednesday, October 13

Not only Naked, but the Chimperor has very thin skin.

I'm sure everyone remembers the money shot of George during the last debate, when so riled up about something Kerry had just said, proceeds to interrupt the moderator, to make a very important point. I would also suggest the possibility that he was also interested in avoiding the real question. Thanks to Digby for the reminder and inspriration.
KERRY: Now, I'm going to add 40,000 active-duty forces to the military, and I'm going to make people feel good about being safe in our military, and not overextended, because I'm going to run a foreign policy that actually does what President Reagan did, President Eisenhower did, and others. We're going to build alliances. We're not going to go unilaterally. We're not going to go alone like this president did.

GIBSON: Mr. President, let's extend for a minute --

BUSH: Let me just -- I've got to answer this.

GIBSON: Exactly. And with reservists being held on duty --

[crosstalk]

BUSH: Let me answer what he just said, about around the world.

GIBSON: Well, I want to get into the issue of the back-door draft --

BUSH: You tell Tony Blair we're going alone. Tell Tony Blair we're going alone. Tell Silvio Berlusconi we're going alone. Tell Aleksander Kwasniewski of Poland we're going alone. There are 30 countries there. It denigrates an alliance to say we're going alone, to discount their sacrifices. You cannot lead an alliance if you say, you know, you're going alone. And people listen. They're sacrificing with us.
He pretty much flew off the handle there for a moment and scared the crap out of a lot of people watching the debate. No matter how the spinbots try to cover for this Babboon, this moment may have sealed his fate. I can guarentee that Dubby had no interest in taking any questions about the reality of the back door draft, and he pretty much scared Gibson out of following up on this issue. I do presume that we will hear about it tonight. I know that tonight is supposed to be aboput domestic issues, but with such large numbers of reservists and Guardsmen and women in Iraq, this subject will rear it's ugly (for Bush) head. The Rude one nails it:
What we saw on Friday night was how much George Bush hates us, all of us, how we are simply impediments to his will to power, his a priori rightness. Goddamn, how Bush seethed. If he thought the idea of being called to account for his actions by a journalist in the first debate was odious, Bush could barely contain his deep contempt for the American public, treating the questions derisively, answering them like the debate was a particularly bad Cape Cod Thanksgiving and he was the meth'd-out uncle being accused of fondling his nephews, screeching,
"Nowhatthefuckareyoutalkingabout-youknowme-Iwouldntdothat-
uhuhnotme-mustbesomeoneelse-andfuckyouforaccusingme."

Look at his answer to Rob Fowler, one of the many shitting-themselves timid middle Americans forced to be seen by millions of people while questioning the President, who dared to believe that the Patriot Act might infringe on his civil liberties: "I really don't think your rights are being watered down. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't support it if I thought that" and then he said, most strangely, considering the fucking question had just been asked, "I hope you don't think that." Look at that non-answer: in essence, Bush said, "You are wrong. Shut the fuck up and trust me."
Folks, make sure you have popcorn for tonights theatre of the absurd presentation of "I'm the president dammit, I don't have to talk to you!"