Saturday, July 17

Stuff you forget about

Some friends and I were driving back from the lake a week or two ago, when it suddenly occurred to me that I hadn't seen any Bush/Cheney (I prefer Chimpy/McCrashcart, but that's just me) bumper stickers.
My companions recognized this as well. So for the remaining mile home we scanned all of the cars we could see and came up with only one. And that was't confirmed. What this means I don't know, but it did put a smile on my face.

2000 was a different story. I live in a University town, so Gore/Leiberman bumper stickers outnumbered Chimpy/McCrashcart ones, but you would still see the latter at least once a block. This post jogged my memory.
On the commute home, I saw a guy come through the station to catch a train, carrying a "John Kerry for President" sign. Maybe there is hope! It's little events like this... This is, in fact, the first time in my life that I've ever seen such a thing, and I've been through a lot of elections. Next thing: "Proud liberal" T-Shirts....
Good signs that people might be a little embarrassed by Chimpy/McCrashcart. While they still may vote for the little bastard they aren't gonna advertise that they are idiots. Not so loud and proud.