Sunday, September 5

Nutty Ideas department

I have been in contact with a friend who shared with me an interesting tale about meeting a couple of soldiers in a bar. Both are headed off to Iraq soon. During our correspondence, it occured to me that we should contemplate a Support network for the troops. The idea is simple, we try to collect a growing list of soldiers, over there and stateside, and take a few under our wings as e-mail palls, offer our support, in anyway we can. Mostly to try to boost morale, secondarily to innoculate against the oft heard accusation that we don't care about them as much as the Republicans. From my new friend Shaun, who had an interesting experience with a couple of soldiers at a bar recently.
I think that Dem. Support Network is a great idea. I
would love to help in any way that I can. I have been looking for ways to
get involved, but living in the heart of Republican country there is not a
very large support group here

If any of the 6 or 7 that drop by the site have any ideas to add, suggestions to make, feel free to drop a note in the comments. This is a work in progress and I imagine that we will eventually need a website, and I can deal with that. Thanks, and please feel free to jump in or email me at integritude AT gmail.com

Thanks.