Tuesday, August 17

I've got it.

We have all heard of the "new Pearl Harbor" quote from PNAC's (Project for a New American Century). I read it myself a year and a half ago, but since then have been unable to find those words in the document in question. Yeah I know, I could have read the whole thing, but I always found better things to do with my time. The Money quote from a piece called "Rebuilding America's Defense" written in September 2000 is on page 51. Thanks to marie_aey on a Kerry-Edwards forum. A pdf is available here. Starting at the bottom of page 50, is the set up:
A transformation strategy that solely pursued capabilities for
projecting force from the United States, for example, and sacrificed
forward basing and presence, would be at odds with larger American
policy goals and would trouble American allies.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So as we approach the three year anniversary of this document's publication, it is nice to see that this particular sentence has not been deleted or re-written. So feel free to have a gander at what for me has been about the most amazing thing I have laid my eyes on.

They may not have looked the other way on 9/11, but they sure ran with that ball when it was handed to them.