Tuesday, August 17

Tweety Matthews Redux

Apparently Tweety (MSGOP-whore) took swift boat liar O'neil to task last week and has some folks all atwitter over his takedown of Bush campaign spokespuppy Matthew Dowd last night. I didn't see it because, well, I like my TV, and I like to limit my exposure to high blood pressure. Anyway all this talk about tweety left me thinking about the sweet loving hard-on he had when the Commander in thief walked across the tarmac of the USS Abraham Lincoln, you remember Rove's favorite foto op, don't you.


Too bad they had to put that colossal disaster back in the can. Well here are a collection of things that Matthews had to say about presnident sweet cheeks McGuilicutty.

MATTHEWS: Let's go to this sub--what happened to this week, which was to me was astounding as a student of politics, like all of us. Lights, camera, action. This week the president landed the best photo op in a very long time. Other great visuals: Ronald Reagan at the D-Day cemetery in Normandy, Bill Clinton on horseback in Wyoming. Nothing compared to this, I've got to say.

Katty, for visual, the president of the United States arriving in an F-18, looking like he flew it in himself. The GIs, the women on--onboard that ship loved this guy.

Ms. KAY: He looked great. Look, I'm not a Bush man. I mean, he doesn't do it for me personally, especially not when he's in a suit, but he arrived there...

MATTHEWS: No one would call you a Bush man, by the way.

Ms. KAY: ...he arrived there in his flight suit, in a jumpsuit. He should wear that all the time. Why doesn't he do all his campaign speeches in that jumpsuit? He just looks so great.

Chris and Katty getting all googly-eyed over this precedent breaking stunt. Let's see what else there is.

MATTHEWS: I want him to wa--I want to see him debate somebody like John Kerry or Lieberman or somebody wearing that jumpsuit.

Mr. DOBBS: Well, it was just--I can't think of any, any stunt by the White House--and I'll call it a stunt--that has come close. I mean, this is not only a home run; the ball is still flying out beyond the park.

MATTHEWS: Well, you know what, it was like throwing that strike in Yankee Stadium a while back after 9/11. It's not a stunt if it works and it's real. And I felt the faces of those guys--I thought most of our guys were looking up like they were looking at Bob Hope and John Wayne combined on that ship.

Mr. GIGOT: The reason it works is because of--the reason it works is because Bush looks authentic and he felt that he--you could feel the connection with the troops. He looked like he was sincere. People trust him. That's what he has going for him.

Maybe Chimpy will take Chris's advice and put the thing on for his debate with Kerry, and its nice that Dobbs can manage his baseball analogies, setting up Chris with another gushing, pant-stiffining, memory. With Gigot doing his best Sally Fields impression, "They trust him, they really trust him"
MATTHEWS: Fareed, you're watching that from--say you were over in the Middle East watching the president of the United States on this humongous aircraft carrier. It looks like it could take down Syria just one boat, right, and the president of the United States is pointing a finger and saying, `You people with the weapons of mass destruction, you people backing terrorism, look out. We're coming.' Do you think that picture mattered over there?
There it is, what we have been waiting for. You know that Chris was beginning to get a little light headed with all that blood moving south and all, and that the picture of a Humongous aircraft penis carrier.........lets just say that if Matthews's Stomach was competeing with his Johnson for blood, he'd have passed out by now.

Mr. ZAKARIA: Oh yeah. Look, this is a part of the war where we have not--we've allowed a lot of states to do some very nasty stuff, traffic with nasty people and nasty material, and I think it's time to tell them, you know what, `You're going to be help accountable for this.'

MATTHEWS: Well, it was a powerful statement and picture as well.

Chris is talking powerful, as in the power of his member to rip through 2 or 3 layers of cloth, I can only imagine that Fareed at this moment is happy to be in the middle east and that Katty is getting mighty nervous by now. Well that ends this show but for now I am gonna see if I can find the Liddy/Matthews lovefest that followed this one.
[....Update....

Well I've tried to find more but transcripts from hardball from may 2003 seem to have slipped into the memory hole, but we do have this courtesy of the Daily Howler:
MATTHEWS: What do you make of this broadside against the USS Abraham Lincoln and its chief visitor last week?

LIDDY: Well, I—in the first place, I think it’s envy. I mean, after all, Al Gore had to go get some woman to tell him how to be a man [Official Naomi Wolf Spin-Point]. And here comes George Bush. You know, he’s in his flight suit, he’s striding across the deck, and he’s wearing his parachute harness, you know—and I’ve worn those because I parachute—and it makes the best of his manly characteristic. You go run those, run that stuff again of him walking across there with the parachute. He has just won every woman’s vote in the United States of America. You know, all those women who say size doesn’t count—they’re all liars. Check that out. I hope the Democrats keep ratting on him and all of this stuff so that they keep showing that tape.

You know I always thought that a manly man like G. Gordo would not bring him self to discuss the presnidental package, but maybe he has "latent" tendancies.
Matthews:“You know, it’s funny. I shouldn’t talk about ratings,” he said, also gazing at Bush’s crotch. “But last night was a riot because…these pictures were showing last night, and everybody’s tuning in to see these pictures again.”
The italicised text is the howler being funny. And it is funny to watch Chris gushing like a schoolgirl who just met her favorite boy band star.